This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A method for the repair of a certain type of inguinal hernia using the hernial sac as suture material has been described. There were 12 cases completely successful and one partially successful.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Intrathoracic goiter.J. A. M. A. 1931; 98 (Mar. 7): 737
- Intrathoracic goiter.Minn. Med. 1928; 11: 286
Morris: Human Anatomy.
- Intrathoracic goiter.Surg. Gynec. and Obst. 1934; 59: 627
- Substernal thyroid.Am. J. Med. Sc. 1926; 171: 218
- Retrofascial intrathoracic goiter.Surg. Clin. N. A. 1931; 11: 787
- Lateral aberrant thyroid glands.Ann. Surg. 1933; 98: 1023
- Intrathoracic goiter.Surg. Chn. N. A. 1922; 2: 489
- Surgery of substernal and thoracic goiters.Arch. Surg. 1921; 2: 1
- Intrathoracic goiter.Arch. Surg. 1927; 15 (Quoted by Higgins): 895
- Intrathoracic goiter.Arch. Surg. 1927; 15: 895
- Intrathoracic goiter.Surg. Gynec. and Obst. 1918; 27: 397
- Substernal thyroid with bilateral laryngeal paralysis.J. A. M. A. 1923; 80 (March 24): 842
- Venous obstruction in the upper mediastinum.Ann. Surg. 1934; 100: 74
- Diagnosis and surgical treatment of intrathoracic goiter.J. A. M. A. 1920; 74: 597
- Substernal thyroid with pressure symptoms.Am. J. Med. Sc. 1920; 160: 410
- Adenocarcinoma in a huge substernal adenomatous goiter.Surg. Clin. N. A. 1933; 13: 927
- Clinical Roentgenology of Diseases of the Chest.in: Southworth Pub. Co, 1923: 442
- Cavernous hemangiectasia occurring within a nodular goiter.Arch. Path. 1930; 10: 580
- rradiation in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.Radiology. 1932; 18: 879
- X-ray treatment of some conditions of thyroid and thymus.Brit. J. Radiology. 1934; 7: 362
- The roentgen rays and radium in toxic goiter and hyperthyroidism.J. A. M. A. 1931; 97 (Dec. 5): 1689
- The preoperative preparation and the postoperative care of the patient with hyperthyroidism.Internat. Clinics ser. 44. 1934; 3: 159
- Case of intrathoracic goiter.New Eng. J. Med. 1932; 207: 1185
- Substernal goiter; with acute dyspnea.Ann. Surg. 1933; 97: 280
- The advantage of the primary superior polar attack in the removal of substernal thyroids.Ann. Surg. 1926; 84: 251
- Temporary loss of voice following thyroidectomy.J. A. M. A. 1918; 71 (Aug. 31): 715
- Position of the trachea following removal of substernal goiter.Surg. Clin. N. A. 1932; 12: 805
- Innervation of the larynx.Arch. Otolaryn. 1933; 18: 413
- Treatment of angina pectoris and congestive heart failure by total ablation of the thyroid; importance of laryngoscopic examination as a means of preventing bilateral paralysis of vocal cords.Arch. Otolaryn. 1934; 19: 383
☆Submitted to the Graduate Faculty of the University of Pennsylvania as part fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Science in Surgery.
© 1936 Published by Elsevier Inc.