This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A case of acute shoulder pain incident to the presence of calcified deposits in the tendon of the subscapularis muscles is reported. Only 2 similar cases have been found in the literature covering the past twenty years. Surgical removal of the deposit resulted in the prompt relief of pain and complete return of function.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to The American Journal of Surgery
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- On stiff and painful shoulders.Boston Surg. and Med. Jour. 1906; 154: 613
- The Shoulder.Thomas Todd Co, Boston1934
- Calcareous deposits of so-called calcifying subacromial bursitis.Surg. Gynec. Obst. 1925; 41: 404
- A clinical and pathological discussion of so-called subacromial bursitis.Surg. Clin. No. America. 1929; 9: 1107
- So-called subacromial Bursitis.Surgical Clinics of No. America. 1930; 10: 1309
- So-called subacromial bursitis.Radiology. 1931; 17: 505
- Prevalent fallacies concerning subacromial bursitis.Amer. Jour. Med. Sci. 1915; 149: 351
- The location and cause of lime deposits associated with subacromial bursitis.Amer. Jour. Surg. 1916; 30: 108
- Pain in the arm—subdeltoid bursitis.J. A. M. A. 1917; 69: 1237
- Deposit in the supra-spinatis muscle.Am. Jour. Orthop. Surg. 1916; 14: 102
- Subdeltoid bursitis associated with deposition of lime salts.J. A. M. A. 1916; 66: 264
- Subdeltoid bursitis with lime salt deposit.Medical Record. 1917; 91: 406
- Observations on disabled shoulders with reference to subacromial bursitis.Boston Med. and Surg. Jour. 1918; 178: 389
- Acute subacromial and Subdeltoid bursitis.Am. Jour. Surg. 1923; 37: 59
- Subdeltoid bursitis.Virginia Med. Monthly. 1925; 52: 155
- Calcified Subdeltoid bursitis.International Clinics. 1926; 4 (Dec.): 265
- Concerning the mucous pocket formation in the shoulder joint of man.Ztschrft. J. Anat. 1926; 81: 389
- Painful shoulders.Surg. Clin. No. America. 1926; 6: 1503
- Disabilities of the shoulder region.Med. Jour. of Australia. 1926; 1: 432
- Subdeltoid bursitis.West Virginia Med. Jour. 1927; 23: 250
- The diagnosis and treatment of 450 painful shoulders.J. A. M. A. 1927; 89: 1956
- Inflammatory involvement of the bursae about the shoulder joint.U. S. Vet. Bureau. Med. Bull. 1930; 6: 549
- Shoulder pain—a consideration of some easily overlooked causes.Canadian Med. Ass. Jour. 1930; 23: 402
- Shoulder pain.Am. Jour. Surg. 1930; 8: 783
- Calcified Deposits in Subdeltoid Bursitis.J. A. M. A. 1931; 97: 690
- A New Treatment of Acute Bursitis.New England Jour. of Med. 1931; 205: 812
- Surgical diseases of the shoulder bursae.Ann. Surg. 1933; 98: 273
- Study of 100 Cases of Subdeltoid Bursitis.Jour. Bone and Joint Surg. 1934; 16: 145
© 1936 Published by Elsevier Inc.